Tax Supervisor/ManagerMachen McChesney
Machen McChesney is seeking a Tax Supervisor/Manager with 4 plus years of experience in public accounting. The position will be in the Auburn, AL. office. Competitive salary & benefits within a flexible environment.
The Supervisor is responsible for contributing to the achievement of the firm's objectives including:
- Assisting with existing clients assigned to you by the partners
- Supervising staff assigned to your projects
- Assisting with staff coaching, mentoring and training
- Project planning/scheduling
- Participating in community service and networking opportunities
Position Reports to:
Managers and partners
The primary responsibilities of the Supervisor are:
- Engagement planning and scheduling
- Assigning adequate resources to projects in light of other scheduling requirements
- Managing budgets for his/her jobs, raising red flags to the partner/manager when a project grows out of scope or is moving toward a budgetary or timing overage
- Supervising staff assigned to his/her projects to ensure that schedules, budgets, and quality requirements are met, including review of workpapers and tax returns
- Provide on-the-job training to staff
- Communicating the engagement status with the partner/manager, the client and their advisors on a timely and ongoing basis
Attending Continuing Professional Education seminars as agreed upon with the partners and as needed to stay up-to-date on current accounting pronouncements and tax law.
Office Administration and Client Service Research
- Participating in staff training and mentoring
- Preparation of individual and business tax returns and financial statements
Skills and Education required
The skills and education required for this position are:
- CPA certificate and Bachelor's degree in accounting and an interest in working with small to medium sized businesses
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience in public accounting
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good research skills
- Positive, can-do demeanor with willingness to "dig in" and get the work done
- Good understanding, comprehension, and ability to articulate auditing, accounting and tax concepts
- Strong leadership skills, ability to supervise others.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel and other accounting software used at the firm
Measures of Success
The Supervisor will be deemed to have been successful when he or she has:
- Completed the engagements assigned to him/her within the expected budgets
- Received positive feedback from his/her clients, managers and partners
- Exhibited the actions and positive attitude in participation in the other aspects of firm growth as articulated above
- Begun development of their own referrals from satisfied clients and their contacts in the community
Return value to your career by working at Machen McChesney.
We seek energetic, goal-oriented individuals to join our practice. Our professionals typically possess a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, an M.B.A. or a Master of Accountancy. Additionally, we have various professionals within our tax and small business departments who do not possess degrees but have numerous years of practical work experience that qualify them to perform the necessary duties assigned.