Recycle TechnicianLee County Commission
Closing Date: October 15, 2019
Department: Environmental Services
Pay Grade: 8
Starting Annual Salary Range: $28,278.54 - $30,039.15
Scope: The purpose of this position is to operate a non-commercial vehicle in the collection and transport of recyclable materials.
Required Hours of Availability: Monday- Friday; 7:00a.m. - 3:30p.m.
Example of Duties Performed:
• Operates a non-commercial vehicle to pick up recyclable materials at various sites throughout the County.
• Transports recyclable materials to a central location or recycling center.
• Identifies and implements strategies to reduce and recycle the greatest quantity of waste at County disposal sites.
• Promotes public awareness and participation in the County's recycling program, educates the public on how to recycle.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Knowledge of vehicle operation and maintenance guidelines.
• Ability to comprehend and follow safety rules and regulations.
• Ability to work with and maintain a constant awareness of the trustee's activities and/or any citizen in proximity to work areas and notify the Sheriff's personnel as necessary.
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
• Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the State of Alabama.
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate and service assigned equipment, and to lift up to and including 100 pounds on a recurring basis.
*An employee in this position is subject to random drug/alcohol testing.
*The principal duties of this position are performed in an outside work environment with potential personal hazards.
Lee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer