Compactor OperatorLee County Commission
Department: Environmental Services
Starting Hourly Salary Range: $13.60-$14.44
Scope: The purpose of this position is to operate a compactor in the collection of solid waste.
Closing Date: September 4, 2019
Required Hours Of Availability: Varied hours; varied days
Example Of Duties Performed:
• Assists residents in filling compactors with trash; separates recyclable materials.
• Communicates with drivers as to when compactor is full; assists drivers to disconnect containers from compactors.
• Cleans and maintains grounds at disposal sites.
• Performs daily maintenance on compactor units.
• Identify hazardous materials.
• Observes dumping for compliance and explains regulations to public
Summary Of Qualifications:
• Ability to comprehend and follow safety rules and regulations.
• Skill in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
• Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
• Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the State of Alabama.
• Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate and service assigned equipment, and to lift up to and including 100 pounds on a recurring basis and to assist residents with unloading solid waste at assigned site.
*An employee in this position is subject to random drug/alcohol testing.
*The principal duties of this position are performed in an outside work environment with potential personal hazards
Lee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer