The Information Assistant provides general college information and performs a variety of technical services related to admissions, records, financial aid and registration for students, faculty, staff and the general public, who contact the Enrollment Services Center Counter or Call Center. The Information Assistant serves as an intricate part of the college’s front door team and provides superior customer service; s/he supports the Enrollment Services goals and objectives.
• Efficiently operates Call Center technology to answer questions regarding the college, particularly admissions, records, financial aid, continuing education and registration through the use of superior customer services skills.
• Utilizes the College’s queue management software to sign-in visitors and students at the Enrollment Services Center Counter ensuring that customers are able to efficiently and accurately access student services such as admissions, advising, financial aid, and records.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of college forms associated with the student records. Reviews all form data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures. Verifies entered student data by reviewing, correcting, deleting or reentering data as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, staff, administration, and the general public.
• Prioritizes, performs and completes all duties as assigned by supervisor to meet required deadlines.
• Conducts himself/herself in a manner which is in keeping with the college philosophy respecting the worth and dignity of each individual, remaining aware at all times that s/he is possibly the first contact that the public may have with the college.
• Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
• Supports the institution by serving on assigned committees, participating in work-related and student-related activities.
• During peak times there will be a high volume of call center and in-person customer service demands.
• Daily: students, visitors, staff, and faculty.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency
• Associate's degree in office technology or a related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• One year clerical experience.
• Experience with data entry/processing (as determined by a GTCC pre-employment skills test)
• Experience in a customer service environment
• Greater than one year of clerical experience.
• Experience working in an educational customer service environment
• Experience with an integrated student information system, e.g., Ellucian Datatel, Banner or Jenzabar
• Proficiency/Fluency in Spanish
• General knowledge and experience working with traditional, non-traditional, and multicultural post-secondary students
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to learn information and details related to GTCC programs, facilities, campuses, offices etc.
• High levels of accuracy, confidentiality, and trustworthiness
• The ability to participate as a team member, to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, and the general public
• Skill in group management and control, the ability to communicate effectively, to understand and interpret school policy, and to readily adjust to change
• Basic computer literacy
• Strong oral communication skills
• A general knowledge of the community college mission and philosophy
• Ability to identify problems and potential causes while developing and implementing action plans for solutions
• Above average typing skills required along with keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to operate a computerized switchboard
• Knowledge of higher education laws (e.g. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Title IX, etc.)
Department/Job Specific Requirements
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as determined by the supervisor to cover the necessary hours. Registration, graduation, and other heavy work periods will require additional hours. Evening and weekend work may be required.
The following (compliance) training is required and must be completed within the first 30 days of hire with annual refresher training thereafter:
• Safety/Shooter on Campus
• Personal Information Protection Training (PIP)
• Anti-Discrimination/Harassment & Title IX
• Other training may be required as determined applicable.
Physical Activity: Primarily sitting
Environmental Hazard(s): <15%
Posting Type: Staff