Material HandlerDonghee Alabama
Auburn, AL 3.5
Full-time Education High School Diploma or GED Skills Manufacturing Experience Forklift
Summary: Sets up and operates machines and tools by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities including the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Memorize the part numbers to know which vehicle the part belongs to. '
2. Unload inbound shipments, check the condition of the shipments, count the pallets to match the quantity with the packing slip.
3. Sort and place parts on racks, shelves, or in bins.
4. Must follow FIFO.
5. Count the inventory daily.
6. Feed the production lines with parts.
7. Monitor for any materials that they need on the production line.
8. Stock up materials on all three production lines at the end of the shift.
9. Keep the warehouse and raw material room clean at all times.
10. Check the level of the raw materials in the raw material room every two-hour intervals.
11. Bring down the parts as instructed from the second warehouse.
12. Help out other forklift operators and production team leads as necessary.
13. Must understand the importance of inventory keeping and raw material feeding.
14. Perform daily inspections of the forklifts.
15. Drive safely and obey all applicable safety rules.
16. Perform special projects as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have prior experience operating a forklift.
- Must understand the flow of the shipping schedule, and balance the busy and slow times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time